Bus Guidelines and Expectations
Oakes Public School District provides busing for students. Although the district provides busing, it is important that all patrons remember that it is a PRIVILEGE to ride the bus, not a RIGHT.
The following rules/guidelines are in place to ensure that the bus is a safe and enjoyable place to ride in.
- STAY SEATED WHEN THE BUS IS MOVING
- KEEP HANDS AND FEET TO YOURSELF
- BE RESPECTFUL OF THE DRIVER AND OTHER RIDERS
Infractions of the rules/guidelines listed above may result in consequences and possible loss of riding privileges. The following steps may be followed when administering consequences; however, Oakes Public School Administration has final authority when dispensing consequences and escalation through the hierarchy is variable depending on the infraction.
- VERBAL WARNING BY DRIVER TO STUDENT
- PHONE CALL MADE HOME TO PARENTS
- REMOVAL FROM THE BUS FOR UP TO ONE WEEK
- REMOVAL FROM THE BUS FOR UP TO ONE MONTH
- PERMANENT REMOVAL FROM THE BUS