Phone: 701-742-3234 ext. 123


Degrees and Certifications:

Jera Kempel, Food Service Manager

Jera and her staff take pride in providing high quality nutritious meals for the students and staff at Oakes Public Schools. If you have any questions about student nutrition please feel free to contact Jera at

Electronic Free & Reduced Lunch Application Information

  • Even though the meals will be free right now, we will still collect Free and Reduced-Price Income Applications. The October 31 free and reduced numbers are important to our school district in the calculation for many grants and federal funding. Please consider filling out the income application - we do not need any check stubs or tax forms at this time.

    We now offer QuikApps which allows parents to quickly and easily fill out free and reduced meal applications online in a secure, step-by-step portal. QuikApps can be accessed at:

     Set-Up Quick Apps Guide

Downloadable Lunch Forms

Legal Disclosure

  • In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
    (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
    (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
    (3) email:
    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.