Great news for North Dakota children & families! Additional program funding has been secured through the US Department of Education’s EIR (Education Innovation & Research) Grant to serve 750 additional children in North Dakota starting in August! We currently have 407 North Dakota families registered for the UPSTART Kindergarten Readiness Program. All families receive a new Dell laptop and internet (if they do not already have internet) for the program.
Waterford UPSTART helps families prepare children for kindergarten, at home, by providing tools like parent coaches, personalized software and fun activities families can do together. And the best part, thanks to an EIR Grant from the US Department of Education, it is FREE!
Waterford UPSTART is open to all North Dakota children who will begin kindergarten in the Fall of 2021 (born between August 1, 2015 and August 2, 2016.) The program will begin in mid 4. August and run through May of 2021.
WHAT FAMILIES RECEIVE:
1. Research-based, award-winning reading, math, and science instruction delivered to each child for 15-20 minutes per day.
2. Weekly support from a family education liaison (FEL) who encourages parents, helps parents understand how to support a school-age child, and provides usage tracking (Note: Personalized support is available in 20+ languages.)
3. A free Dell laptop, connectivity hardware, software, and Internet connection (if needed). All families that meet the minimum requirements get to keep their computers at the end of the program.
4. Software licenses for all children in the home, including those who are not participating in the program, but may require additional reading, math, and science support.
5. Pre- and post-assessment and efficacy research
HOW TO SIGN UP: Families can register online at Waterford UPSTART Registration or call 1-888-982-9898 Please see attached flyer