PURPOSE: The purpose of the Oakes Public School Hall of Fame is to recognize and honor the accomplishments of individuals in areas such as Academics, Athletes, Fine Arts, and Achievements as well as outstanding contributions and dedication to the Oakes Public Schools.
REQUIREMENTS Hall of fame inductees shall include graduates and non-graduates who have made significant contributions to Oakes Public Schools as a member of the staff, administration, school board, volunteers or the general public. All nominees must be separated from the Oakes Public school for at least 3 years.
DISPLAY: A visual display will be maintained in the school detailing the accomplishment and a picture of each inductee. Inductees Page – follow this link to see all of the OPS Hall of Fame Inductees to date.
NUMBER INDUCTED EACH YEAR: A maximum of 3 inductees will be selected each year.
SELECTED AUTHORITY: The selection of inductees rests solely with the School Board.
INDUCTION PROCEDURE: The nominating and induction procedures for the Hall of Fame will follow these guidelines:
- Nominating petitions will be available to the general public by February 1.
- Nominating petitions must be returned to the school prior to April 1.
- The Oakes Public School Board will name inductees prior to June 30.
- Inductees will be notified of their induction prior to July 30.
- Inductees or designated individual must attend the Hall of Fame induction which will be held in conjunction with the crowning of Homecoming King and Queen in the fall.
- Petitions of nominees not selected will be retained for consideration in future years.